Author Topic: News: Migrated to Dedicated Server  (Read 7439 times)

sukaith

• Administrator
News: Migrated to Dedicated Server
« on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Well, that ended up being much faster than expected. I bought the server on Sunday, received it on Tuesday morning, installed a HTTP server, PHP-fpm, and MySQL, configured the system, moved the site to the new server, and finished everything up by Tuesday night.

So...now that the migration is finished, I need people to run through it and tell me what broke. When we first wrote the site, we made it module so that moving to different servers would be easy. Sadly, when I took over as the sole owner, I have not been as meticulous with my coding...

...so I expect the "newer" parts of the site (things that I wrote after taking over HBrowse) to be potentially broken. That includes things like text search, advance searching, staff pages, aesthetic changes, etc.

Also, some comments on the site's speed and connection would be nice. But I guess, we have to wait for at least the weekend (HBrowse's peak hours) to really stress test the new server.

Mozart

• Staff
Re: News: Migrated to Dedicated Server
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:31 AM »
I've been on the site every day for at least the past 7 days and the speed increase is very noticeable. Webpages load in 2 seconds or less and I have nearly 20 tabs open.

The server's speed and connection is excellent but text/advanced searching I haven't played with much yet. Staff pages are fine while looking at old and new stickies as well as older regular posts.

Dagle

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2013, 07:21 PM »
It seems the pages that list all of the titles within a category are not operating optimally.  For example, the page for "Role>Doctor" (http://www.hbrowse.com/browse/role/doctor) comes up with the "Please recheck the URL" page.  This bug appeared sometime over the last 16 hours.

xenon

• Staff
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2013, 07:39 PM »
im getting a few of "removed or replaced for a better version" errors with the random button.

sukaith

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2013, 07:40 PM »
Ah, thanks for letting me know Dagle. I fixed the corrupted database. I'm not a hundred percent sure why that error occurred...

Let me know if anything like that happens again! Thanks

sukaith

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2013, 07:42 PM »

im getting a few of "removed or replaced for a better version" errors with the random button.

That's because that specific manga was replaced with a better version elsewhere on the site... There's not much I can do about it. Just click random again. I think there are maybe 50 deleted ids, so your chances are currently 50/4000 to get that error.

xenon

• Staff
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2013, 10:37 AM »
hm. weird, ive been getting it 1-3 times a day at least. also, another thing ive noticed is the search bar doesn't show thing that have multiple titles as both names.(for example, if you type "Imako", you can find "Imako-san To Neko Kaburi", but not if you type "cat", searching for its alt name "Cat-Head Imako")

sukaith

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Well, 50/4000 (this is an approximate guess) means that you'll likely see around 1-2 with every 80 times you push random. I don't know how often you look for a random manga, but it's not impossible to see it 1-3 times if you're picky enough about your manga.

As for the search problem, that's an interesting problem. However, after looking at it, I think I figured out the problem. The text search will not show duplicate entries. So if you search "Imako", it will only show the manga with ID 10531 once. The second problem, is that each ID has one title designated as its main title. So the search results will always show "Imako-san To Neko Kaburi" rather than "Cat-Head Imako" since the prior is the main title. And the final problem, is that "cat" will never show you the right results because text searching requires at least 3 characters in the search query. You'll notice that "cat-" does show the right results since it has four characters.

dgehell

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2015, 05:13 AM »
Hello.
I go back to old items around may 2012 and further.
Zippyshare is almost absent.
Mediafire and Depositfile are out of order.
Will you reupload on Zippyshare and/or Mediafire ?
Thanks for your answer.
Sincerely.

nadako

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2015, 02:45 PM »
How do i get ahold of the admin of this website? I am wanting to create a windows 8 app for this website for fun. Not to make any money off of it but its something for me to learn as a computer programmer. Im not familiar with php or any other kind of web language but I think it would be fun to do as a side project. And of course ill give you all of the source code.

sukaith

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2015, 12:26 AM »
I'm the general admin of the site. There's not much I can provide though, the interface is the site itself. It was made a long time ago and doesn't have a useable API (public or otherwise)

may be old

« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2015, 07:12 PM »
I was on this site a while ago on my phone I was hacked by ransom wear it was a while back like 2014 I'm not to good with things with websites but can't you do a scan for viruses or something

nadako

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2015, 03:40 PM »
well dang sukaith. I was able to get loading images from your RSS but that is about it. Im not able to figure out searching at all T.T